Hey, you! Do you have a boudoir shoot coming up? Are you stressed about it? You don’t have to be. Being a little nervous before a new experience is normal, but boudoir should be a fun and amazing experience. To help you out, I’m sharing a list of my favorite tips. My clients get this list one week before their shoot. They think, and I think, that it helps quite a bit to take the pressure off.
- Do your best to get a good night’s sleep before your shoot.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to get to the location without stressing.
- Drink plenty of water, exfoliate, and moisturize. Spend extra time taking care of your skin, it will be your main outfit.
- Remember to wear loose-fitting clothing to your session to avoid marks on your skin (no jeans, tight socks, or tight clothing for instance).
- Please use clear deodorant the day of your shoot.
- Please remove all price tags, size & care labels from clothing, especially from lingerie and panties. Don’t forget those tags on the bottom of your heels.
- If you’re waxing please do it a few days before. If you’re shaving please do it the day before or the day of. It’s easier to photoshop stubble than razor burn!
- Please eat something before your shoot. Posing for a boudoir session is kind of similar to a yoga session. We don’t want anyone to feel lightheaded or faint while posing.
- Please refrain from spray tanning!
- Feel free to overpack. We can go through all the options at the beginning of your shoot. It’s always better to have more to choose from.
- Don’t buy thigh highs that are ‘stay-up’ or have silicon or plastic on the inside. No matter how thin you are, the elastic will often create an undesirable bulge on your thighs. Use higher end thigh highs made to be worn with a garter belt if possible.
- Think texture! We recommend sticking with more solid colors over prints. Our favorite colors are black and jewel tones. We love texture as it adds interest to your photographs. Lace, beading, straps, chains, etc all photograph well.
- If heels are your thing, bring your highest heels. Spiked heels and pointed toes photograph wonderfully.
- Bring your favorite accessories. Let YOUR personality shine through with accessories.
My Most Important Tip
Most importantly, take a deep breath and RELAX. It’s normal and expected to be a little nervous, but you’re in good hands. I will show you exactly what to do, so that you get the perfect shot. I’ll provide the perfect makeup, the perfect poses for your body, the best locations, and the best light. You’re going to love the results.
Are you ready to celebrate yourself? Schedule a boudoir shoot today!